Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I love this stuff!

How fun! My first blog! Although I've had a website for awhile now, this feels so much more personal for some reason. Crazy!

So I had a show last weekend in Kohler, the Spring Garden Market at the American Club. What fun! It was a two-day show--both long days. The preparation for the show and the show itself were physically exhausting, but I had a great show and I met some great people. It was such a reaffirming experience for me. I LOVE being a glass artist. I feel like I'm totally in my niche. I feel like I've found what I'm supposed to be doing. I love spending all day every day in my studio pulling creations from my mind. I love the energy of a show when all of the vendors are setting up and customers are just starting to arrive. The air virtually hums with it. I love it. I love seeing a smile spread across a customer's face as their eyes fall on one of my tribal faces. It's exhilirating to see a customer's eyes light up when she looks at herself in the mirror wearing one of my necklaces or pendants. I love chatting with people from all over the country.

I will never be a millionaire. Few artists are. But even fewer people in this world find the perfect job in which they can express themselves, unleash their creativity, relish some much-needed solitude, and feel perfectly alive.

Life is good. I love this stuff.

No comments: