Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blizzard Bliss

It's been snowing all day. ALL DAY. It's peaceful and clean and beautiful and quiet. I love the snow. And I was so ready for it today. This week has been a little on the warm side, which left us with low, dirty snowbanks and muddy grass.

In celebration of the yummy crisp white landscape we awoke to this morning, I spent the morning making bread and cooking a BIG lunch. Lunch consisted of my take on chicken tetrazzini...complete with shredded rotisserie chicken, mushrooms, onions and broccoli and baked to perfection. It was delicious. Smile.

The bread was for dinner and was my first attempt at following the French boule recipe from my new favorite book. It turned out perfect and it was SO EASY and SO FAST!


Yum! Fortunately, I have enough dough for three more loaves calling to me from the bottom shelf of my refrigerator. I'm super excited to continue making our own bread, and I can't wait to try the other recipes in the book.

After that big lunch, a simple supper hit the spot. It consisted of fresh bread slathered with butter and a warm drink.

Is there anything better? Nope. Not today. Good food + cozy handmade blankets + comfy couch + finally accomplishing some weighty tasks = perfection.

Tomorrow is sewing day. I hope to finish some simple purses for the shop. I'm super excited to work on them. I'm using some scrumptious fabrics from Anna Maria and Amy. SO PRETTY! It will be hard to part with them, but I hope that they'll find a home with someone who will love them as much as I do.

I also want to finish the fabric portfolio and lunch bag I promised Rit for Christmas. Yes, I am two months late. December was busy and I was sick. Luckily, Rit is patient. I'm trying.

I hope your weekend is as relaxing and peaceful as mine.

xo
kate

No comments: