Friday, May 25, 2007

Hello, Sunshine!

So what did you do Friday afternoon, Kate? Oh, I just spent the last 20 minutes or so worshipping my good friend, the sun, el sol, le soleil, il sole, giver of wonderful warmth and happy and bright thoughts, lifter of my mood. I wasn't worshipping in the traditional sense of my youth--slathered in oil and lying spread eagle on the trampoline. No, I was simply sitting in my back yard with my eyes closed, soaking up the warmth and letting my thoughts float around and over and through future creative endeavors involving glass, paper and fabric. Color and emotion being at the forefront of each. I can't wait for the ghostly images to settle into something I can bring out and shape into some tangible object. A little quiet creative time is good.

Basking the bright orange and red and yellow warmth of the sun inspires me. I hope you find these photos equally inspiring. They seem so fitting today.
Complements of Rit, I give you YELLOW:










What a great eye! Enjoy!







1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh come on...just when I thought they couldn't get any better...................................................................Oh and I love the new blog look too Kate.