Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Bliss

I love the spring! LOVE IT! I spent today in my own personal version of heaven. A kind friend was good enough to share some of her amazingly healthy perennials with us. We spent some time with her this morning gathering up the lovelies and picking up a few annuals for the planters and hanging baskets. YUM!



I was in color heaven, surrounded by all of the delectable sights and smells of summer. If I were a millionaire, I'd have to drop a few thousand on plants and flowers at Lowe's. I'm equally tempted by both indoor and outdoor plants. I simply love to grow things. I love to be surrounded by greenery and blossoms.





Despite not feeling 100%, I was still drawn outside to enjoy this perfect, sun-filled spring day. Rit and I spent the afternoon on our knees and up to our elbows in freshly turned soil planting the new additions to our garden. She's not quite so addicted to the experience as I am. I love feeling the dirt between my fingers and toes. I love planting and watering and nurturing. I'm one of those crazy people who talk to their plants, who attempt to coax slow blossoms into revealing their color through gentle conversation. I love spending summer evenings in the yard watering my garden, willing the peacefulness and serenity and patience of the greenery to soak into my being as though by osmosis through my bare feet. It calms and inspires me.


Tonight my fingers are crossed, hoping that all of the transplants we welcomed today will brighten back up and embrace their new home. Tomorrow brings a long work day spent in the studio with orders to fill. No complaints.



I hope everyone had an equally relaxing weekend and enjoyed time spent with family and friends.

1 comment:

Mea said...

Umm. . . these photos KICK ASS (sorry about the cussing). Holy wow cow! Your Rit needs to get these things up somewhere. . . seriously!!!!!