Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I overheard my sister-in-law describing me to someone the other day. She said that I usually have a quick, deep fascination with a particular craft and I immerse myself in it. It's typically fleeting, but I always hold onto my main obsession...my favorite fascination...glass.

I guess I'd never thought about it before, but she's right. I'm always on the search for the next challenge, the next colorful craft to cross my path. I love learning new skills. I love being able to make things with my own little hands. And I love being part of the crafter/artist community.

My latest obsessions revolve around fiber and fabric. I'm grasping at some of the handicrafts that seem to be falling by the wayside. I'm learning embroidery, crewel work, knitting, crocheting, sewing and felting. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff!

I currently have an intro model Singer sewing machine, and I love it. But with my growing desire to sew more complicated designs, I'm ready to move on to the big leagues. After much research, I've settled on the Pfaff 2038. It's gorgeous and hopefully, the last sewing machine I'll buy. I'm saving up, but the mere thought of it makes me drool.

My growing stash...let the fun begin!



It's rough to be these girls. This is Otto's favorite perch. She can survey the entire back yard from that window. And yes, that is a pillow she's sleeping on.


Mrs. Maggie Greybeard. She wild, collarless and sleepy. Life is rough and nobody loves her.

Have a great rest of your week!





No comments: